Monday, October 25, 2010

Jane's lost earring



This dangly little earring was the first 'adult' pair of earrings I was allowed to wear. Given as a gift by my mother, in some ways the earrings represented 'coming of age' - I loved wearing them and felt quite sophisticated. I guess this is why I have kept them in my jewellery box for so long.

My mother didn't like girls and young teenagers wearing big earrings - I guess in her conservative but sweet way she didn't want me to look like a tarty adolescent. At the time I might not have agreed with my mother's conservative ways but now as a mother myself it is easier to understand.

Jane
Brisbane
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
If you would like to contribute a lost earring story please email your story and image to onelostearring@gmail.com I look forward to receiving your contributions!

Join us

Blog Archive